Monsoon care for your feet
With the monsoons here, you need a proper foot care regimen,
To keep your feet looking fabulous, clean and infection-free during the rains:
- Keep your feet dry: Ensure your feet are dry at all times to prevent any fungal infections. Wipe your feet thoroughly, especially between your toes.
- Comfortable footwear: Make sure you use footwear that fits well to give your feet some room to breathe. Wearing tight, closed shoes when damp may also breed bacteria and fungus.
- Clean feet: Wash your feet every time you return home with an antibacterial soap. This will help prevent infection as a result of exposure to dirt or germs. Trim your toe nails regularly to avoid dirt accumulating under your nails.
- Footcare products: To keep your feet moisturized, apply a foot care cream with natural ingredients like Honey and Turmeric, twice a day. These ingredients will effectively nourish your feet as well help prevent infections.
- Do-It-Yourself pedicure: Treat yourself to a foot therapy session once a week. Soak your feet in warm water mixed with sea salt. Then, rub with a pumice stone to slough off the dead skin cells on your feet. You can also add rose water or aromatic oils to the water.