Say Goodbye to Dandruff!
Dandruff is a common complaint, especially with an oily scalp. However, by following the right haircare regimen fortnightly, you can say goodbye to dandruff!
- Massaging your hair with oil for 10-15 minutes can be very helpful in keeping your hair healthy. Opt for hair oil with Tea Tree and Rosemary which have antibacterial properties and soothe the scalp.
- Wash your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo. Herbal ingredients like Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera visibly reduce flakes, itching, hair fall and prevent the recurrence of dandruff. When you shampoo, massage your scalp gently to loosen the flakes and wash them off.
- Apply a hair cream to provide nourishment that your hair requires. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Look for a herbal hair cream with ingredients like Tea Tree and Holy Basil. It effectively treats dandruff, keeps the scalp free of fungal infections, and nourishes your hair.
- Take steam for 10-15 minutes with the cream, it allows deeper penetration and gives additional nourishment. Again wash your hair.
- Follow it up with a conditioner. Look for extracts of Yarrow and Bean Sprout in conditioners. These ingredients soothe, condition and replenish lost moisture, making your hair soft and manageable.
- Use only a wide-toothed comb to detangle wet hair, and tie your hair only when completely dry.
- Avoid using hair styling products directly on your scalp, as they clog pores.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, and foods that are rich in nut oils and protein. The nutrients present in these foods are essential to promote hair and scalp health. For example, Almond oil contains Vitamins E, D and C, which encourage hair growth and strengthen the hair shaft. In addition, the anti-fungal and antibacterial compounds in protein-rich Chickpea nourish hair, making it strong and healthy.
Keep these do's and doníts in mind for dandruff-free, healthy hair!