Six Tips to Remember While Applying Lotion
Lotion is not just for dry skin. Skin health is best maintained by moisture. A lack of moisture can cause skin to appear aged, scaly, and unhealthy. A three minute ritual can ensure that your skin not only looks radiant but is also smooth, supple, and well-toned.
- Apply lotion right after bathing. The skin's pores are open and ready for moisture.
- Use firm, upward strokes to ensure that the skin's elasticity is maintained. Downward strokes tend to sag skin.
- Start from your calves and work your way up.
- Give your waist and hips extra attention as that part of the body is prone to stretch marks and loss of skin strength.
- Ensure you take a quick shower at night and reapply lotion. Skin renewal happens at night, and lotion assists the skin to retain precious moisture.
- Use lotions that have natural ingredients to minimize irritation.
Applying lotion during the winter is an important part of your wellness routine. Your skin requires extra support this dry and cold season. Using a lotion can help you look younger and glow with health!