Conjunctivitis is an irritating inflammation of the conjunctiva, the mucous membrane that lines the eye and eyelid. It is also known as 'pink eye’.
- Discharge from the eye (often containing pus)
- Eye pain, swelling, redness, itching and discomfort with bright lights
- Eyelids sticking together upon waking in the morning
Conjunctivitis is a highly infectious disease. One should:
- Wash hands frequently or use a hand sanitizer immediately after coming into contact with the eye or eye discharge.
- Throw away tissues after use, and never share towels or handkerchiefs.
- Disinfect surfaces such as doorknobs and table tops (where hands may touch).
You May Try:
Ophthacare exerts a cooling effect on the eyes. It has bactericidal and antifungal properties which are beneficial in the treatment of conjunctivitis.
Septilin boosts immunity and reduces inflammation. The herbs in the formulation possess antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which are effective in treating various infective eye conditions.
PureHands is a hand sanitizer that prevents infections and keeps hands clean and germ-free. This prevents the spread of infections like conjunctivitis.