Diabetes is characterized by high levels of sugar in the blood. There are two major types of diabetes mellitus. In insulin dependent juvenile diabetes mellitus (IDDM-Type I), the body is unable to produce insulin. However, in non-insulin dependent adult-onset diabetes mellitus (NIDDM-Type II), the pancreas produces insulin, but it is insufficient for reducing the blood glucose to normal levels.
IDDM – Type I
- Poor appetite with weight loss or increased appetite with weight gain
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Physical hyperactivity or inactivity
- Loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities
- Decrease in sexual drive
- Fatigue and loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-reproach or misassigned guilt
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
NIDDM – Type II
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination
- Weight loss
- Begins between the ages of 40 to 50 years
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Eat a ‘diabetes diet’ (low in calories, carbohydrate and fat and high in fiber) that maintains blood sugar levels.
You May Try:
Diabecon reduces hyperglycemia in individuals with NIDDM. It significantly reduces fasting and post-prandial blood sugar levels. It reduces serum cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein and triglycerides and increases serum high-density lipoprotein levels. It also controls changes in early diabetic retinopathy. Diabecon increases plasma insulin and C-peptide levels. Microalbuminuria (a sign of kidney damage in which a large amount of the protein albumin is found in the blood) is improved in individuals with NIDDM.
Karela helps support normal blood sugar levels with compounds called charantin and momordicin.
AyurSlim contains ingredients that reduce body weight and blood cholesterol levels.
Meshashringi is a herb that reduces sugar cravings, which in turn helps diabetic patients stick to their diets and not ‘binge’ on high caloric foods.