One of the most common hormone-related conditions affecting women is Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). PMS may occur seven to fourteen days before menstruation or two to three days during periods.
- Mood swings
- Mild-to-severe personality change
- Decreased energy
- Altered sex drive
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Swollen fingers and ankles
- Abdominal bloating
- Sugar craving
- Weight gain
- Limit consumption of sugar, honey, salt, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine-containing foods, white flour, maple syrup, dried fruit and fruit juice, milk and dairy products and fat.
- Increase protein intake from vegetable sources such as legumes, vegetable oils, green leafy vegetables except cabbage and cauliflower.
- Eat meat and fish.
- Avoid spicy foods, greasy foods, artificial ingredients, chocolate, sour and sweet foods and cheese.
- Drink plenty of warm to hot water.
You May Try:
Evecare is a herbal uterine tonic containing different herbs that are used in various menstrual disorders, including premenstrual syndrome. Its stimulatory effect on ovarian tissue produces estrogen-like activity. The combined action of the herbs in Evecare is responsible for its efficacy in treating premenstrual syndrome.
Geriforte is effective in alleviating symptoms related to hormonal disturbances, such as premenstrual syndrome. As an adaptogenic, it treats psychological symptoms. It is also an anxiolytic and antidepressant.